Experiencing headaches after a car accident isn’t uncommon. While back and neck injuries are common after an auto accident, head pain accompanied by symptoms like dizziness and vision changes is also common. If you experience headaches after an auto accident, it’s vital to see a medical professional for a proper assessment and treatment plan. Are you struggling with an annoying headache after a car accident in Kissimmee, FL? Please book an appointment with Buenaventura Lakes Chiropractic for pain relief.
Why Headaches Occur Due to Auto Accidents
You may have a headache after a car accident when your head bumps into the steering wheel, windshield, or other objects in the vehicle. During an accident, the car abruptly comes to a halt, which causes a sudden change of direction in your body, causing your head to hit several objects in the body.
When you have a blow to your head in a car accident, you may experience headaches, dizziness, memory issues, and other symptoms. The other reasons you may have headaches after a car accident include:
- Whiplash: The sudden change in the direction of your body causes your head to snap back and forth, damaging the soft tissues in the neck. This kind of injury is called whiplash and has symptoms like dizziness, neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Concussion: A violent blow to the head causes your brain to shake, resulting in headaches, memory loss, visual changes, and tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Spasm headaches: When the muscles in the upper back, neck, or head are injured, you may experience headaches, tenderness, and limited mobility.
- Pinched nerves: During an accident, the impact may cause disc herniation which can compress the nerve roots in the upper cervical (neck), causing pain, tenderness, tingling, and numbness.
Generally, we advise patients to see a chiropractor immediately after an accident, even with no visible injury or pain. Auto injuries like headaches don’t exhibit symptoms right away and can disrupt your everyday life when you don’t seek treatment early on.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
After diagnosing the root cause of your headache, we administer chiropractic treatment to reduce pain, improve mobility, and alleviate inflammation. We don’t treat your headaches with medication or surgery. Here are some of the natural treatments we use to treat headaches:
- Spinal manipulation aligns your spinal joints, triggering your body’s self-healing mechanism to reduce headaches
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling
- Neck stretching exercises
Visit Us for Pain Relief after a car accident in Kissimmee, FL
If you are suffering from headaches after an auto accident in Kissimmee, contact our team at Buenaventura Lakes Chiropractic for professional chiropractic care.