Why is your neck aching constantly, regardless of how much you're stretching? Maybe you're experiencing acute pinching or stabbing pain when you move your neck a certain way. Does the pain always come back or never go away, even with the use of anti-inflammatories or herbal supplements?
If you fall into any of these situations, you should schedule a chiropractic appointment at Buenaventura Lakes Chiropractic in Kissimmee, FL. Our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your neck pain before creating a chiropractic care plan to address it. Regular chiropractic care will relieve your neck pain, restore your mobility, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Neck Pain Causes
Our chiropractor will help determine the causes of the pain you're experiencing to ultimately reduce inflammation and prevent further damage already experienced. Potential causes of neck pain include:
- Injury from a fall, car collision, participation in sports, or other accident.
- Lifting and moving heavy objects, especially over the head.
- Poor posture, especially if you work a desk job for prolonged hours.
- Reoccurring injuries in the same location, possibly due to neglect or poor physical therapy.
- A herniated disc or another injury to the neck causes nerve pain, which can radiate down through your arm to the tips of your fingers.
Your chiropractor will do an examination, along with considering your story and any pre-existing conditions, to implement the best treatment options for your situation.
Neck Pain Treatment
Your chiropractic care plan will likely include a combination of the following:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our chiropractor will perform targeted adjustments to restore your body’s natural alignment. This will relieve pressure on strained joints and ligaments while improving your body’s general ability to function.
- Nutritional Advice: Nutrition is a key component of pain recovery, with a focus on naturally anti-inflammatory foods while avoiding other foods that may promote inflammation and pain.
- Strengthening Exercises and Targeted Stretching: Stretching and strengthening exercises will enhance the benefits of chiropractic care and prevent your pain from returning in the future.
- Manual Therapy: Manual therapy can include targeted muscle treatment through the use of electrical stimulation (E-STIM), massages, and trigger point treatment or a combination of all three. These treatments will help with short-term pain relief while promoting healing and long-term recovery.
Buenaventura Lakes Chiropractic in Kissimmee, FL
Call Buenaventura Lakes Chiropractic today at (407) 201-3008 for more information on neck pain treatment or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.